Sunday, December 3

Are you uncomfortable? Good!

For the past few weeks I've been pondering the thought that the goal is not to avoid discomfort rather it is to see clearly what that discomfort has come to teach me. By avoiding discomfort I only delay the lesson or find myself in the same situation in some other part of my life. I am grateful for where this insight has taken me. Insight = seeing the inside of something that may look very different on the outside. I peeled off a layer and found beneath it many subtle yet permeating patterns that I continue to find myself swimming in. I know that on a deep level I've been attracted to repeat the patterns. I am no victim. I make choices or don't, which is also a choice. Those choices result in changes, small and large shifts in the direction of my life: what I consume, who I spend time with, what work I do, how I respond to stress, whether I receive love... Most of my ways of relating to life and others are cellularly ingrained so deep that I am blind to them. The current awareness is beginning to understand and SEE all around passive aggressive words, behaviors and energy. I'm noticing how subtle it is and yet effectively powerful. I'm choosing to change the way I respond to it or with it.

I have been going on shamanic journeys, a form of spiritual connection with the higher consciousness not far from the act of meditation. I'm learning. I am grateful for the discomfort which comes with new ways of being.

No comments: