Monday, August 24

Yoga Rocks & the Magic Apple

At the last minute I decided to take a friend up on a half-price ticket to the Yoga Rocks Mountain Fest in Lyon’s, Colorado. The camping area was grassy and tree covered. To my surprise a lot of people from my dance community were there so I was surrounded by tents full of friends which made the time so much more enjoyable. Friday night started with a Rhythm Sanctuary dance under an open air tent ten yards from a gurgling rock bottom river. As night went on the dance area got very dark, we only had a few electric candles around. At times during the dance I stepped out from under the tent and took in the vast starry sky feeling the grass beneath my bare feet. When we formed the closing circle we all moved out of the tent and were amazed by the number of people present, now visible by star light. I’ve done more yoga in 24 hours than I’ve ever done in one week of my life. My body is sore but I’m grateful for its cooperation!

After my first morning of yoga I wasn’t quite ready to be done with the meditative time from savasana so I decided to go close to the river and lay down for awhile longer in silence. Part of me was torn as it was noon and I needed some nourishment. I considered walking back to the camping area to get an apple but decided it was more important to stick with the space I was in. Once I was at the river I noticed a bunch of apples on the ground. I looked up and there I was beneath an apple tree! I picked an apple for my nourishment before continuing my inner journey. It reminded me that the universe provides for my needs effortlessly. The apples were camouflaged among the leaves of the tree; it made me wonder how often I’ve been blind to what was being offered when it was right in front of my face.

No comments: