Tuesday, November 10
Flowering
I drove for two days alone across Oregon, Idaho, Utah and Wyoming to get back to Colorado. The sky was clear, roads dry, at night the moon was big and bright. I found my house very peaceful and well cared for with a pleasant new floral aroma like gardenia. I wondered if my house sitter Anara had burned some incense but soon discovered it was my corn plant. This plant that was a house warming gift nearly 12 years ago for the first time had grown an 18 inch spire with white golf ball sized flowers clustered to it. Its scent filled the whole house. Welcome home! It could be that Anara being from Hawaii is better with tropical plants. I'd like to think that the plant was missing me and preparing to show its best for my return. Grateful and surprised, the plant reminded me that we all have hidden secrets that are beautiful and sometimes it takes the right touch, environment or timing for them to come forth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the corn plant welcome home! Great photo on this page, too. Let's ride this winter! You always have a place to stay in Minurn.
Post a Comment