Monday, February 1

Dating

I went on my first eHarmony coffee date tonight.  I'm learning to like online dating in small doses.  The process is expansive in that it makes me define and get clear about what I'm looking for in love.  It asks a lot of good questions I may not think to ask myself otherwise.  eHarmony has you do a psychological profile that takes over an hour.  The results seem fairly accurate.  Its interesting and sometimes strange to see who they match you with using psychological profiling.  I try to be open minded.  The person for me may not be in the package I'd imagined.  More than anything I am using my ability to access my intuitive truth.  Tonight I liked the guy I met for coffee.  The conversation flowed easy and his work was interesting to me.  Yet I knew he wasn't a romantic interest.  It can be a bit awkward that way.  You like someone as a person but know your not interested in them.  I'm approaching the online dating process as a local adventure.  Hoping to learn about myself, get out more often and if I'm lucky meet someone fantastic! 

1 comment:

Dylan Thomas said...

I'm so glad you're dipping your toes in the expanded online dating universe and, more to the point, enjoying the experience. Your blog post prompted me to remember my first meeting with Masha. Online at first, but eventually in person. It's truly amazing how a seemingly mundane date (yet another...will she, won't she? am i wasting my time?) turned in to a life changer. And that's what is headed your way. You just never know when that crazy twist is going to hit you sideways and present the love of your life.