I keep telling people about this book and I'm not even done reading it (almost). Eat Pray Love is a very revealing work of non-fiction that covers a year in the life of the author as she travels with the objective of exploring herself and human nature by going to three cultures known to be strong in a specific energy. In Italy she delves into pleasure through food, language, and friendships. In India she seeks spiritual enlightenment thought meditation, yoga and service, living at an ashram. In Bali, Indonesia she finds balance between everyday life and spiritual aspirations. At first her transparency, how fearlessly or psychotically she reveals herself, is a bit painful to observe, but her authentic humanity sucked me in the story and inspired me at the same time.
I'm ready to pack my bag and take a year long trip somewhere...for now a good adventure vacation will do... one that has a spiritual aspect.
Thursday, January 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment