Wednesday, February 14

Dumpster Diving Dog

I think my dog has a eating disorder... Recently Bisbee started hiding food around the house for later consumption. Yesterday I forgot to put the garbage out before leaving for work; you can guess what happened while I was away. Later that night I was straightening up the guest bedroom and discovered two decorative pillows wedged in a corner behind an old chest. As I picked them up to put them back on the bed, out popped half a loaf of very hard french bread. Then tonight I hear Bisbee digging around in that very room. I go in to investigate. He seems traumatized by his missing loaf. Staring from every angle and sniffing the hardwood floor in the spot as if it's going to magically appear. Even later I hear some activities in the living room. I find the pillows thrown from the couch and some heavy drool residue in the corner where he'd exhumed yet another dumpster treat... As I straightened the couch he looked at me guiltily, relieved that I hadn't found his whole stash.

No comments: