Wednesday, February 14

Can do

For the past week I've been practicing positive affirmations. Short phrases that embody what I would like to see manifested in myself and in my life. It has been such an uplifting experience. At the root is shifting beliefs that I didn't even realize I was living with, beliefs that I never consciously chose but rather just unconsciously lived based on messages from society about what is possible and what is out of reach. This even extends into concerns I have for people and situations that I care about. My big insight has been that by worrying about a situation or person I am contributing to the belief/energy directed toward a feared outcome rather then sending energy in the direction of a positive experience. I've long been a strong believer in manifesting your own destiny. Louise Hay's book You Can Heal Your Life has given me a breath of fresh thought on the topic. She asks, what is the first thing you say to yourself when you wake up every morning? I immediately heard myself saying, "I don't wanna get up!" Now I say to myself, "I'm grateful to have another day!"

Sample of my affirmations (the revealing ones I'll keep to myself):
I surround myself with love, kindness and beauty.
I have enough time.
I nurture my creative self.

1 comment:

Sandy Paul said...

I'm a little slow at getting around to reading your past several postings, but must let you know I'm enjoying them, especially the dumpster diving dog story.

Affirmations help me get out of bed on the right side too. Good way to rewire those brain circuits into positive waves. We can't just stop thinking negative thoughts. We have to replace them with positive ones.
Hope the snow melts soon.
Love, Aunt Sandy