Tuesday, August 21

Five Hawk Day

Today over the course of several hours I was graced by visits from five hawks, one at at time; four soaring ahead of me and the final one perched on the top of a pine tree. When I was sixteen, a homeless Native American man that I met while working on a Christmas tree lot in southern California, taught me that the seeing a hawk was a good omen. Since then, throughout my life, I’ve found the hawk to be a messenger and guide. Seeing hawk is always a signal to be aware, pay attention because there is a message coming.

The book Animal Speak by Ted Andrews refers to hawk as “the messengers, the protectors and the visionaries of the air.” Lessons from the hawk are, “The ability to soar and glide upon the currents… to fly to great heights while still keeping your feet on the ground.”

No comments: