Monday, December 7
Can I Be a Witness?
Witnessing creative process is as important as performing an act of creation. We all need witnesses writers, dancers, musicians, actors, painters, cooks, photographers. Seeds are planted in my creative mind as the spectator. One sentence in a movie echoes later to be explored, an image or color from a photograph inspires me to create my own interpretation of the emotion it evoked. Exposure to another person's perspective stimulates my imagination, sparks the fire in my belly. Case in point, last Friday my creative spirit shouted YES while I watched several sets of dancers tell a story with their body on the stage of an art gallery floor. The dance was accompanied by a DJ expressing his art through music, and a VJ (video) contributing to the mix with imagery. I went alone and didn't expect to know anyone there, in itself a way to heighten my awareness. Being the witness fills my cup of possibility. It stirs me up so I can't resist my drive to create. It's too powerful to stop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment